A while back I had a conversation with a friend about being a…..wait for it…..stay at home mom. I absolutely hate that term. It normally comes up in social settings during event season. The age old, “What do you do for a living?” question. If I had it my way, I’d say I wipes asses and lift weights but I doubt The Man would appreciate that. My response has changed from SAHM to domestic engineer. I pretty much do it all while managing to shower and do my hair and makeup everyday. My rules for not going crazy are:
- Shower everyday. This may seem rudimentary but it’s not. Once you throw babies into the mix, forgetting to eat and shower is terribly easy.
- Speaking of eating….Eat. Like real meals. Not just what the kids left over from breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Exercise. Take an hour and get a good sweat going.
- Have great wine in stock at all times.
- Online shop. Shopping makes me happy even if it does get me in trouble with The Man. Its better to ask for forgiveness than permission.