As we get ready to leap into a new school year, breakfast meal prep is a must in this household! I have been doing elaborate breakfasts for the girls, consisting of eggs, fresh cut fruit and bacon or sausage for the past year. Obviously that’s not going to continue throughout the school year so I’m prepping our favorite breakfast recipe. I vary the meat and veggies every week so they don’t get bored and the husband and kids are huge fans of my egg muffins. Grab a couple and eat them cold or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds. The recipe is below along with baby Mak’s final swim lesson of the summer.
Mrs. Jenny did such an amazing job with her. She could not stand getting her face wet at the beginning of the summer. Now she is a little fish. I highly recommend Jenny from A Balanced Life RX if you’re in the market for diet, training or swim lessons. She’s just as knowledgeable as she is personable and my kids absolutely adore her and her husband.
Egg Muffin Breakfast Recipe
- 9 large eggs
- 8 ounces ground breakfast sausage
- 1 red, green, or yellow pepper, I used a mix of colors because that is what I had
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a muffin tin with non-sticking cooking spray or use coconut oil. I used coconut oil. Set aside.
- Brown the ground sausage in a medium-sized pan over medium-heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then add in the sausage, peppers and pepper. Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling ¾ of the way. Bake for 20-25 minutes, my oven needed 23 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, use a knife to loosen from the sides.
Final Swim Lessons
Happy Labor Day y’all!!