Happy Monday. How many times have you come home from adulting wondering what to eat? That may be the most annoying question my husband asks. What’s for dinner? If I had it my way, I’d boycott dinner altogether but alas, feeding everyone is apparently an unspoken duty of mine. (I just LOL’d at the word duty). Failing to plan is planning to fail and ultimately ends with me being annoyed with everyone because I can’t fit it all in. If you didn’t have a plan for today, now you do! Here’s an easy Monday workout and dinner idea that’s kid and husband friendly.
There is nothing better than a “Death by…” workout. They start off so easy and fun. The first minute, do 1x. The second minute, do 2x. So on and so forth until you can no longer complete the work. By the 8th or 9th minute, you’re debating whether or not to push through or just stop. So if you’re in a pinch, the below workout is great for at home or at work. All you need is a jumprope! If you don’t have one, substitute a 10′ shuttle run.
Death By Air Squats and Burpees
Minute1 – 10 Double Unders, 1 air squat, 1 burpee
Minute2 – 10 Double Unders, 2 air squats, 2 burpees
Minute3 – 10 Double Unders, 3 air squats, 3 burpees
Minute4 – 10 Double Unders, 4 air squats, 4 burpees
Continue adding 1 rep each minute until you can’t complete it in any given minute. If you can’t do double unders, substitute in single unders.
Cool down with alternating
3×10 Hollow Rocks, 3×10 Deadbugs, 3×10 Superman extensions, 1 sec pause at the top
Below is a great recipe that is healthy and easy to make! You can substitute the chicken thighs for breast, which is what I do because I’m not a fan of thighs. You can also bypass the oven and use a stove. The possibilities are endless. Add in some frozen veggies and poof, you’re a culinary master.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 teapoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375° and place the chicken thighs skin side down in a 13×9 pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt then flip over so the skin side is up. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine lemon zest and juice, ghee, coconut cream, garlic powder, salt, and rosemary.
- Stir over medium heat until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the thighs and bake for 40-45 minutes or until they reach 165°.
- If you want the skin crispy, turn up the oven to 500° and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Hopefully this easy Monday workout and dinner recipe come in handy. If not today, then in the future.