Happy Monday! Do you ever have one those weekends where you planned to be completely organized and get shit done and then all of a sudden it’s 7pm on Sunday night and you’re all like, “Where the hell did my weekend go?” Yea, me neither [eye rolling emoji]. Just in case you find yourself scrounging for a quick bodyweight workout and dinner recipe, I’ve got you covered.
I may or may not be slightly obsessed with Pinterest but that’s OK because it’s f&*king awesome and I find great recipes like this on it! A 20 minute dinner recipe that can fit your macros or your RP template or whatever the hell kind of eating lifestyle you partake in is alright with me. I had the great idea that I was going to meal prep but it’s football season so I’m virtually useless after 1pm. So goes life.
I know a lot of my readers are fellow mommies who are strapped for time so if you find yourself in a pinch and in need of a bodyweight workout, give the following a shot. If the reps are too high, cut it to 8 rounds instead of 12. Bodyweight workouts kick my butt the most! Enjoy.
12 Rounds of 12 Reps Each
I am no culinary master but I can make this recipe and have it not taste like crap. It’s quick, easy and super hard to mess up. Funny tidbit – before I had Maddox, I could not stand steak, shrimp, sushi or cheap peanut butter. Now, its shrimp and skippy peanut butter all day, everyday. I’m almost ashamed to admit my love of cheap peanut butter but it’s my cross to bear. Thanks Maddox Monroe.
- 1 lb of medium or large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 oz of pre-cooked smoked sausage, chopped (choose your favorite)
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley or cilantro
- Serves about 4
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with some olive oil or coconut oil
- Season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning
- Cook shrimp about 3-4 minutes until opaque – remove and set aside
- Cook onions and bell peppers in skillet with 2 Tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for about 2 minutes
- Add sausage and zucchini to the skillet, cook another 2 minutes
- Put cooked shrimp back into skillet along with the garlic, and cook everything for about 1 minute
- Pour chicken stock into pan and mix through to moisten everything
- Add salt, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve hot
Take Monday by the balls and have a great week!